Wednesday 12 December 2007

12Dec07 - Christmas Under the Sea

Today we went to Lucy's school to watch the early years and primary performance of "Christmas Under the Sea". This was Lucy's first ever school play. I don't know why but I never imagined that Lucy would ever be in a school play. I was really looking forward to it and we made sure we were early so that we could get a front row seat. Lucy was a "Jellyfish" and she looked so cute in her little costume (frizzy top, glittery skirt and tights).I didn't know what to expect from the play and wondered how they were going to pull it off. All the children were wheeled or lead into the hall and put into little groups.There were jellyfish, sharks, dolphins, pirates and all sorts of other sea creatures. Every child was dressed in a costume and the costumes were fantastic. A huge amount of creativity and effort must have gone into coming up with all the different outfits. Even the wheel chairs had been decorated to suit each character. The whole play was done to music and each group had a different act. When it came to the Jellyfish they were wheeled around in a beautifully choreographed dance. It was wonderful to see Lucy taking part and really enjoying herself. She had a huge grin on her face.Lucy's best friend Laila was also a jellyfish and she was having a ball. It was brilliant to see the girls having so much fun.At the end of their routine there was a quick chance for a photo call.The play was about an hour long and it was just an amazing experience. The staff were so enthusiastic and must have been exhausted at the end. I can't express how much admiration I have for them. After the play we all stayed for mince pies and coffee. The girls had done so well and I felt like the proudest father in the world. Lucy and Laila were full of themselves and who knows next stop Broadway????Today has been one of those days that makes me realise how lucky I am to be Lucy's father. She keeps introducing me to new and wonderful experiences. She opens my eyes to the real world that the majority of people will never see and it makes me feel very privileged to be part of it. My little Lucy is a star.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so sweet and so happy ! Compared to J's "Christmas play" which I yawned my way through, that looked like everyone made a huuuuuge effort.

love
aunty Sue

Anonymous said...

Neil, just a short note to say how much I admire your tenacity and dedication in maintaining this fantastic blog for Lucy. Having been with you for a week and witnessing you writing it daily, I know how much time and effort it takes. Sorry that I don't post many comments but your blog is in my favourites and I read it daily. Well done and I am looking forward to our annual coffee's and cognac's in February!

Johann

Margo said...

What can I say...I always knew our little louby was a star!! I wish I could have seen the show. At least I got to see some photos....Thank you for posting them!

fairenuff said...

Hey Neil,
Sorry I didnt comment earlier. If you look at your stats you will see I kept looking at the blog all night because I thought you would post about the show, so about 20 hits from that day are mine! LOL. I must have read it within five minutes of you posting it but didnt get chance to comment.

Well, I LOVE the outfit Lucy is wearing. The top especially suits her, I think she should have one in every colour! The photo's of the show look great too, you can see all the hard work that went into it. I'm glad it made Lucy smile, I love the pic of her smiling and the one of her with Laila.
Love to you all
Sam
xxx

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous jellyfish & a headboy - what more do you need in the family! Proud Granny & Grandad xxxx

Anonymous said...

Like Johann, I don't always add a comment but rarely miss reading your latest contributions. You have such a way with words you could publish a book as you have such a gift of involving us in your lives ! You do know that Lucy means "light" I'm sure - and she sure has become the light of your lives and everyone around you
Auntie Ann

Anonymous said...

Have only just caught up with the blog due to a rather busy end of the week ..Was so impressed to see the photos of Lucys school play .She looked so sweet as did Leyla and the staff must have put so much effort into it all ! We would have loved to see it .
Auntie Mary & Emma & Rach.

Anonymous said...

I loved the photo's of Lucy's play, she looked like she was really enjoying herself. Her school looks like such a nice place to be ,it is a shame all schools can't be that enthusiatic.